Mindful Bodies’ mission is to increase mental, physical, emotional & behavioral health & wellness through programs, products & services for all people.
Mindful Bodies vision is to offer efficient, effective & affordable programs, products and services to all people regardless of their ability to pay so our sliding fee scale is a core part of our business model.
(1) Mental Health Counseling to children, teens & adults for various concerns including, but not limited to, sexual assault & domestic violence trauma, self worth, self esteem, identity, anxiety, depression, parenting , family & couples skills, eating disorders , general weight management & post bariatric surgery issues and Gottman Method Couples Therapy
(2) Clinical Supervision for Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associates (LCMHCA)
(3) Continuing Education and Trainings for Mental Health Professionals
(4) Physical Fitness Services including small group personal training, Zumba & group fitness classes & Fit Kids/ Fit Teens (FK/FT) classes
(5) Workshops/ Seminars on various mental health, weight management, eating disorders & parenting topics.
(6) Sisters on the Move (SOME) Group Mentoring Program for girls, teens & young women of African Descent, ages 9 – 21 years old
Mindful Bodies helps our clients to decrease stress and improve their wellbeing in the 8 SPICEES-F Wellness areas:
Social: examples include too many friends, not enough friends, too much or too little time spent at social events, unfulfilling or abusive relationships with family, friends, spouse
Physical: examples include not enough/ too much: sleep, exercise, nutritious food, romantic time
Intellectual: examples include job satisfaction or dissatisfaction, too many or not enough learning/ mentally stimulating opportunities, too much or to little mental load
Creative/Occupational: examples include being bored, overworked & having too many or too few opportunities for fun, leisure and for work
Emotional: examples include connection , conditional love and self worth and emotional relief
Environmental: examples include living in a neighborhood or in a dwelling where you feel safe or inspired and dedication to environmental justice
Spiritual: examples include purpose and direction in life
Financial: examples include money security, worries & anxiety – too much or too little assets
Wellness is a measure of a person’s mental and physical health, and is used to characterize a person’s overall health and well-being. While health generally refers only to a person’s physical–and sometimes psychological–health, wellness assessments take into account a number of factors that can affect health, such as stable relationships, exercise, nutrition, access to clean water, and the safety and security of a person’s living situation. These factors sometimes predict long-term wellness because, even if a particular issue has not yet affected a person’s wellness, it can eventually.
Mindful Bodies office address is 3310 Croasdaile Drive, Suite 301, Durham NC 27705 . Our office phone number is 919-382-2855. Shawnta can also be reached on her cell phone, 919-812-3172 & at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so excited to have been named an 2016 American Small Business Champion by @SCOREMentors and @SamsClub ! BIG THANKS to our clients, supporters and friends for voting for us in February 2016 & for the other numerous ways you have helped us achieve this recognition. Find out more about our win at www.championship.score.org #BizChampion.
On behalf of everyone at Mindful Bodies, we’d like to thank you for your continued support and patronage!–>